For 90 years, the Kirkwood Public Library has been a warm and welcoming place for the Kirkwood community. What once began as one room library on the top floor of City Hall has grown into a three-story building housing a wide collection of all types of materials.
Back then the Library was all about books, but today it has evolved into so much more. Come explore our collection of movies, video games and magazines. Pull up a chair in our computer lab, and see where your creativity takes you. Bring your friends and family to one of our many special events, where you can learn something new, or simply be entertained. Our website is open 24/7, so you can browse our collection, research any topic of interest, or find out what’s happening here at KPL.
We have a friendly team ready to help! From choosing the perfect book club selection, to using an eReader, your local library staff is here for you.
Thanks for choosing the Kirkwood Public Library. We hope you stop by soon!
Kirkwood Public Library
140 E. Jefferson Ave.
Kirkwood, MO 63122
140 East Jefferson Ave.
Kirkwood, MO 63122
(314) 821 5770
(314) 822 3755
- Enjoyment–we want to wow our patrons. Every patron interaction is an opportunity to serve, teach, or contribute to a truly exceptional experience at KPL. We will answer your questions, find answers, or teach you how to find the answer yourself. Each team member is trained and empowered to exceed patron expectations.
- Ownership –Our library is representative of the community we serve. Patrons of all ages and interests value, utilize, and find ownership in the virtual and physical spaces at KPL. Each patron knows and refers to KPL as “my library.”
- Innovation –KPL never stops innovating. We give our community access to the leading edge of trends and technology, constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our community. We contribute to the library world and are a recognized leader among community libraries.
- Engagement –We create space for community conversations and actively contribute to civic dialogue. Diverse community voices participate in leadership at KPL, shaping library offerings to reflect community needs.
- Learning – We value learning, and we inspire our patrons to be lifelong learners. We nurture information literacy and create virtual and physical spaces that both foster and satisfy a hunger for learning.
Your Kirkwood Public Library sends monthly email newsletters featuring a wide range of hot library topics. Looking for a quick and easy reference for our exciting programs? Sign up for our program email newsletter too. Our teen email newsletter offers information about teen library programs as well as other library information for teens.
START RECEIVING YOUR LIBRARY NEWSLETTERS TODAY!
Please enter your name and email address below. Then choose from the various topics of interest to help us customize your newsletter experience.
There are currently no job openings.
Share your time and talents with patrons of all ages as you assist library staff with a variety of programs such as delivering materials to homebound residents, coaching patrons on technology issues, and helping with library events and special projects — just to name a few!
• Interest in library programs and library materials.
• Patience and good communication skills. Ability to work with diverse library users.
• Friendly, courteous and enthusiastic attitude.
After completing a volunteer application, volunteers will interview with the Director of Operations and another staff member in the library. Selected volunteers will be background checked and trained prior to first shift. Training will include information on the library’s programs and program equipment, as well as answers to commonly asked questions. Staff will always be available for consultation. Ongoing updates and training provided as needed.
To get started, return a completed volunteer application and background check form (attached to the left) to the library to the attention of Lisa Henry or email email@example.com. Volunteers ages 12 – 18 should visit the teen volunteer page.