This post and content originally appeared on Facebook on March 30th, 2020.
The March Family Book Club discussed the book The Losers Club by Andrew Clements, and if you are interested in hosting your own book club with this book, read on for the discussion prompts!
Family Book Club at Home – Losers Club Discussion Questions by Miss Sandy
- How are we first introduced to Alex? Why is he in trouble? Why is his reading a problem?
- Alex and his brother Luke are named after characters in what movie?
- How would you describe Alex. Why is reading so important to him?
- Why does Alex start a club in the Extended Day program? How many kids are needed to start a club? Why does he want his table placed in the corner?
- Why does he call his club The Loser’s Club?
- What are some of the other clubs in the after school program?
- How are we introduced to Nina? How does she become part of the Loser’s Club?
- Why does the Losers Club start to grow and how does Alex react to this?
- Who is Kent? What does he like to do?
- Discuss the relationship with Alex, Nina and Kent.
- What does Alex bet Kent and what is the result?
- How do you think the 3 characters change during the story?
- Name some of the books that they read during the extended stay?