Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box: Into the Shadows (Spooky Fun)
Halloween is only a week away, and since we all know the scariest thing this season is a day full of zoom meetings, the October Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box this month was filled with plenty of tricks to avoid a screen and treats to make this fall special. Since supplies are limited, once again, we want to share with you what we can digitally so that you can download, print, or even create your own box from home.
October’s box included:
- Booklist of teen horror reads
- Blackout Poetry using the works of Edgar Allan Poe (with the invitation to join our short story book club on His Hideous Heart this month)
- Instructions on how to assemble and create your own Witchy Nature Mobile Kit
- Supplies and instructions to make your own Creepy Yarn Doll
- Supplies and instructions to make a jar of Monster Slime
- Lift-the-Flap October Horoscopes
- Inktober 2020 Prompts
- 3 Recipes for Spooky Themed Floats
- Goodies such as a bag of decorative spiderwebs, a stretchy lizard, a list of Halloween Jokes, and a small LED votive candle
- A postcard with a message from a librarian
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up for November’s themed box “Building a Grateful Community.” As always, each contains a themed book list of reading recommendations, three activities, surprise goodies, the option to have a book checked out to you that fits the theme, and an optional zoom program you can attend if you need socialization. Missed out on September’s box? Head over to our previous blog post to download activities for Maintaining Mental Wellness.