Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box: Cozy Covers
Winter break is almost here, and don’t we all need a break from work? This month’s box theme “Cozy Covers” is inspired by Hygge (those warm and fuzzy feelings of contentment found during winter) and our Winter Reading Theme Cozy Covers (which starts on December 18). Every season has its advantages and disadvantages, and during winter, I think many of us (myself included) get distracted by the cold weather, icy road conditions, being stuck inside, or the long and dark nights. However, while winter may contain those things, it is also the time for fuzzy blankets, drinking hot cocoa, wearing oversized sweaters, making soup, building a fire, or enjoying how the cities are lit up with lights each evening. This month’s box tries to emphasize those cozy moments in life with activities and goodies that will help teens focus on the positives of the season rather than its challenges.
December’s Box Included:
- Booklist of teen reads featuring wintery reads.
- Stationary and an invitation to join our Teen Advisory Board in writing letters to Homebound patrons of the library at our next meeting
- Instructions and supplies to create a sock snowman (an annual crafting tradition here at KPL)
- A bundle of recipes that can be made inside of a mug (with large mug included inside of the box)
- A guide for giving gifts in the time of Covid (focusing on love languages)
- Instructions on how to make fake snow
- Goodies such as hot chocolate, a candy cane, a hedgehog eraser, a forest creature chip bag clip, a marshmallows and cocoa notepad and pencil, and a packet of Hot Hands
- A postcard with a personal message from a librarian
- (optional) Hand-picked library book chosen especially for them!
Like what you see here? While we are out of boxes for this month, be sure to subscribe to the Teen Newsletter so you can be in the know when box sign ups are up for January! Each month we also make a blog post on the subscription boxes so that you can download the activities and ideas at home. If you are interested in getting your own selection of hand-picked books by your favorite librarians, check out our “Teens Books on the Go” service! We will find and place on hold for you up to 15 books curated based on your reading interests or needs.