Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box: Bored Game Bonanza
School is back in session for another semester of what is the weirdest year in our lives, and we know that with all of that school work, sometimes you just need a way to sit back and relax and fill the boredom between math assignments. In January, we presented our “Bored Game Bonanza” Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box to inspire your creativity and tap into your love of gaming. From board game to video game enthusiasts there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Booklist of teen reads featuring gaming reads
- A list of board games available for checkout at the library
- Shrink plastic paper with instructions on how to make oven shrinkable Among Us keychains
- Inspiration guide and supplies to create your own board game (dice, spinner, blank cards, cardstock, and modeling clay.)
- Instructions and supplies to make a Scrabble themed coaster
- A packet of Mad Libs, sudoku puzzles, and other activity sheets
- Goodies such as a mini Rubik’s cube and mini boggle game
- A postcard with a personal message from a librarian
- (optional) Hand-picked library book that matches the box’s theme chosen especially for them!
Like what you see here? While we ran out of goodies from January’s box, if you want a “Bored Game Bonanza” box with the three activities inside, you can email email@example.com. Be sure to subscribe to the Teen Newsletter so you can be in the know for all the events happening at the Kirkwood Public Library. (February’s Box is themed “Murder Mystery” so head to our website calendar today to sign up while we still have supplies.)
Each month we also make a blog post on the subscription boxes so that you can download the activities and ideas at home. If you are interested in getting your own selection of hand-picked books by your favorite librarians, check out our “Teens Books on the Go” service! We will find and place on hold for you up to 15 books curated based on your reading interests or needs.