Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box: Murder Mystery
Now that the game is afoot, it is time to pull out our sleuthing deerstalker caps and solve some crimes, because February’s Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box was themed “Murder Mystery.” Filled with all of the essentials to dig into the true crime spirit, this box had our teens testing out their detective skills to the max. This was our most popular box theme yet, which is no surprise with Buzzfeed Unsolved, True Crime podcasts, and books like #MurderTrending taking storm during these pandemic days. As always, we know that we couldn’t supply the demand our teens had for these boxes, so down below we feature links to download, print, and recreate your own “Murder Mystery” box experience at home.
February’s Box Included:
- Booklist of Murder Mystery teen books
- List of True Crime Podcasts
- Create your own Cut & Paste story or letter (instructions and old paperback novel included)
- Make Your Own Fake Blood kit with instructions and supplies
- “A Brief History of Ciphers” guide with ciphered puzzles to solve
- A guide to fingerprinting
- Goodies such as a blacklight pen (or bone pen) with notepad, a test tube with pipette (for blood samples of course), an evidence bag, a mini magnifying glass, and Murderous Mocktail recipe cards.
- A postcard with a personal message from a librarian
- (optional) Hand-picked library book that matches the box’s theme chosen especially for them!
Like what you see here? Be sure to subscribe to the Teen Newsletter so you can be in the know for all the events happening at the Kirkwood Public Library. (Head to our website calendar today to sign up for our other programs–including our Virtual Escape Room this month over Twitch.) Each month we also make a blog post on the subscription boxes so that you can download the activities and ideas at home. If you are interested in getting your own selection of hand-picked books by your favorite librarians, check out our “Teen Books on the Go” service! We will find and place on hold for you up to 15 books curated based on your reading interests or needs.