Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box: Cottage Core
In honor of “April Showers and Spring May Flowers,” April‘s themed Teen Screen-Free Subscription Box was “Cottage Core”–filled with all of your favorite things to rock that cottage core a e s t h e t i c (flowers, bread, frogs–oh my!) If you are looking for home comforts in a box, this one might be your favorite one yet! Perfect to enjoy the wonders of nature all around you.
April’s Box Included:
- Booklist of Cottage Core Reads
- Plant Your Own Parsley and Wildflowers with seeds, soil, pot, and instructions
- Make Your Own Paper Flowers with instructions for 3 types of paper flowers (paper hyacinths, paper plate flowers, tissue paper flowers)
- Bake Your Own Bread Recipe Booklet with yeast
- Pressed Flowers Inspiration Guide
- A List of Herbs and How to Use Them (created by a Teen Advisory Board teen)
- A Cottage Core Spotify playlist (created by a Teen Advisory Board teen)
- Goodies such as cottage core stickers, a tiny mushroom, scented candles, a rose that blossoms when added to water, a good luck frog charm, a decorative fake flower. a chalkboard, and herbal tea
- A postcard with a personal message from a librarian
- (optional) Hand-picked library book that matches the box’s theme chosen especially for them!
Like what you see here? Be sure to subscribe to the Teen Newsletter so you can be in the know for all the events happening at the Kirkwood Public Library. If you are interested in getting your own selection of hand-picked books by your favorite librarians, check out our “Teen Books on the Go” service! We will find and place on hold for you up to 15 books curated based on your reading interests or needs.