Art Supplies at KPL
There will be art supplies available in the Teen Room as well as Art Kits available for check-out. Call (314) 821-5770, option 4, for availability.
This event has been cancelled.
Kirkwood Human Rights Commission And Kirkwood Public Library 2021 Student Art Exhibit
This art exhibit is open to all middle school students in public, private, religious schools, and home schooled, located within the City limits of Kirkwood R7 School District: grades 6 through 10.
The exhibit will be displayed Sunday, November 7, 2021 through Saturday, January 8, 2022. The opening reception will be Sunday, November 7, 2021 from 1-3 PM at the Kirkwood Public Library.
Every student artist submitting a piece of artwork will be entered in a drawing for a participation prize. Prize drawing will take place during the opening reception; students need not be present to win.
Specifications and Guidelines:
- Theme: “Look Beneath the Surface” Work submitted should express the artist’s interpretation of this theme.
- All mediums accepted including watercolor, oil, tempera, acrylic, pastels, charcoal, pencil, mixed media, collage, photography, etc.
- All work must be one-of-a-kind original handmade art.
- 2-dimensional wall hung art only. Floor mounted or ceiling hung work will not be exhibited.
- Art work must not measure more than 18 inches in any dimension, including the frame.
- Fasten (staple or tape) a 4×6 index card to the lower right hand corner of the work naming: The Art Title (optional), Medium, Student Name, School Name, and Teacher Name along with an artist statement explaining the work in 50 words or less.
- Participants must complete the registration form and indicate if they would like their work included in the online exhibit.
Art drop-off: Artwork may be dropped off at Kirkwood Public Library, or the school libraries at Kirkwood High, North Kirkwood Middle, or Nipher Middle between October 25th – November 5th during normal library hours.
Questions: Please call 314-821-5770 and select Option 3, or email Julia McDonald, Reference and Adult Services at email@example.com.